Barefoot/Riley House, circa 1900
This house, our North Carolina getaway, is named after its original owners, Larry Barefoot and, later, the Riley family. Although no relation to Larry Barefoot, the owner Mary’s maiden name is Barefoot, and she has named the rooms in this house after her cherished siblings.
This 1,872 square foot turn-of-the-century cottage was purchased and moved to the property in 1990 from the Barton College campus. Whether individuals, families, or a group have rented the rooms in the Barefoot/Riley House, the spacious living room with original fireplace and comfortable furnishings provides an ideal setting to watch TV or visit with other guests.
The entire house may be reserved for your business travel accommodations.
This house is handicap accessible and has a wraparound porch as well as a separate back porch. The entire house has original hardwood floors and 14-foot ceilings.
Our smallest room is perfect for a quick getaway or one person traveling alone. It has a double bed with antique wrought iron frame, light floral wall covering, antique dresser and a comfortable chair.